Exh wipmmmpopi future

I'm pretty firmly post neoliberal and leftist/left leaning in almost all respects

I strategically support liberalizing trade at times, and as can be seen in my blogs, I have positive views towards welfare capitalism,

I like the Fed and I am cautiously amenable to using the military (or more ideally MOOTW and violent non state actors) in a international policing role when by my standards serious violations of human rights have happened or are imminent, among other things. 

But as can be seen throughout my blog, I am also turned off by idpol. 

To be clear I have zero warmth towards the alt right---a term I suspect many people define differently --- 

I consider myself pro trans-rights on liberal 1.0 values, meaning I believe that people should be allowed to do whatever they want and not be bullied or bothered, yet I diverge seriously from idpol in believing that gender is automatically/always or even vastly a social construct and orthogonal to sex

I'm also very wary to skeptical of race based college admissions (I believe it should be more economically based and that will have the effect of addressing the issues with racial inequality more efficiently). Also I believe that free-speech is important to any society with liberty and find myself not as likely to scoff at its invocation than my idpol oriented comrades

I think being wary of idpol cuts across political ideologies---I know I am not the only person with left leaning/post Neoliberal/leftist temperament in economic and foreign policy areas and being philosophically supportive of Liberalism 1.0--- in the sense of deferring to individual choices over collective choices except when there are very compelling reasons not to--- who is also turned off by idpol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exh freeorieore